A refugee passport is a Dutch travel document for refugees.
You can use it to travel to countries outside the Netherlands, but not to travel to your country of origin. You can also use the refugee passport as a valid proof of identity in the Netherlands. Depending on your residency permit, the refugee passport is valid for a duration of a maximum of 5 years.
If you want to request a passport, you have to visit the counter of the Civil Affairs Department in person. You are required to first schedule an appointment online.
Terms and conditions
- You are registered with the municipality of Arnhem
- You are recognised as a refugee
- You are in possession of a valid residency permit for a definite or indefinite period of time (residency document III or IV)
Refugee passport: € 54,75.
Documents you must provide
When you apply for a refugee passport, you will need to provide:
- a valid residency permit III or IV
- 1 recent colour passport photo that meets the passport photo requirements
- in case you are younger than 18: a completed consent form (Dutch, PDF, 52 kB) and a valid proof of identity of both parents and/or guardians. We will only accept an original as valid, not a copy
- money (payment by debit preferable to cash)
The process of requesting a refugee passport is the same as requesting a conventional Dutch passport.