If you want to request a passport, you have to visit the counter of the Civil Affairs Department in person. You are required to first schedule an appointment online.

Your passport will be ready for you after 5 workdays. A passport for adults is valid for 10 years. For young people, up to 18 years, the passport is valid for 5 years.

Schedule an appointment

Documents you must provide

When you apply for a passport, you will need to provide:

  • all travel documents (passport, ID card) that are registered to your name, even if they are no longer valid. If you do not have an old travel document, please take another valid proof of identity with you, such as a driving licence.
  • 1 recent colour passport photo that meets the passport photo requirements
  • money (payment by debit preferable to cash)

Passports for minors

Children up to 18 years can only request a passport with (written) permission (Dutch, PDF, 52 kB) and valid proofs of identity of both parents or guardians. We will only accept an original as valid, not a copy. If the parents come along, they can also complete the consent form at the counter. The child has to be present at both meetings, request and pick up.


  • Passport: € 77,85
  • Passport for adolescents younger than 18: € 58,85
  • Surcharge for urgency request: € 53

Urgency request

Do you need your passport urgently? If so, you can submit an urgency request. If you submit your request before 2:00 pm, you can pick up your new passport or identity card the following workday. Please take the opening hours into account as you plan to register the urgency request. A surcharge applies to an urgency request.

Loss and theft

In case of loss or theft of your passport, you will report it missing at the Klant Contact Centrum. You can request a new passport immediately. The delivery of a new passport may take longer than 5 workdays. If you have reported a theft with the police, you have to bring the official report. In case of loss or theft abroad, you always have to report it to the local police. Please take the official report drawn up by the police abroad with you when reporting the loss at the municipality.


If your passport or identity card becomes damaged, it is no longer valid. You can hand it in at the municipality and replace it with a new one. The costs for the request have to be paid by you.

Pick-up procedure

You do not have to schedule an appointment to pick up your passport, identity card or driving licence. You can do this during the opening hours of the location where you requested the document